Fiasco, thy name is Peach Blueberry Crisp…
- 6 Large Peaches ( I used 19. Oops.)
- 3/4 cup Blueberries (I used a pint.)
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbs Gluten Free Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbs Arrowroot Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbs Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blanch and Peel the Peaches: Put the peaches in boiling water for 60 seconds. Drain the hot water. Put the peaches in cold water. Now the skin should just slide off.
- Slice and pit the peaches.
- In a big bowl, mix the blueberries, lemon juice, vanilla extract and arrowroot powder in with the peaches.
- Pour into a 3 quart baking dish (I used a basic bread pan)
- Set aside.
- The crust: mix the blanched almond flour, celtic sea salt, grapeseed oil, maple syrup, and cinnamon together.
- Crumble the topping over the fruit.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Cool for 40 minutes.
I love all the things I added to this recipe. The maple syrup is rockin’, the blueberries are delicious, and the cinnamon is a great touch. These were all good decisions. My only mistake is that I used 3x the amount of peaches called for, and then didn’t adjust the recipe accordingly. But despite my blatant disregard for proportions, this is still a crazy tasty desert/fruity breakfast (if you’re into that sort of thing). So, thank you to Elana Amsterdam who came up with this practically idiot proof recipe that is really really hard to make anything other than delicious.
You can find this recipe at: www.elanaspantry.com