Cookies. That you can reasonably eat EVERYDAY. Just try and tell me that doesn’t make you happy. Try it. I dare you.
- 1 peeled Banana
- 1 peeled and sliced Apple
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter
- 3 Tbsp Palm Shortening
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- Parchment Paper (This is optional. You can also grease a cookie sheet)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Puree the Banana and Apple in a food processor.
- Add the almond butter, shortening and vanilla extract to the processor.
- In a separate bowl mix the Blanched Almond Flour, Baking Soda, and Celtic Sea Salt.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients in the food processor.
- Mix until combined.
- Tbsp size balls on the parchment paper (which is on top of a cookie sheet).
- Bake for 8 to 16 minutes.
These grain-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, and dairy-free cookies are awesome. This recipe comes from The Paleo Parents’ new beautiful cookbook: Eat Like A Dinosaur. You should check it out. It’s fantastic, has a TON of pictures and is quickly becoming one of my go-to cookbooks. I also made the Caramel Icing from this cookbook, and then smeared it all over the cookies. It was BANGIN’. Check it out here!
This was a really fun shoot and I got a lot of great material out of it. Here are the links to all the outtakes that didn’t make it into this episode:
Connecting Some Dots – In which I sort through some childhood digestive history and realize some important things.
What’s the absolute, Best Way To Peel A Banana? – Please, let me demonstrate.
Nostalgia in the form of Hoho’s, Snowballs & Peeps – Catie and I miss the foods we used to eat that would definitely make us feel sick if we ate them now.
Childhood Brainwashing (To Eat Healthy) – The messages that we learn in childhood are incredibly powerful. They sink in and they sink in deep.
Please share this episode RIGHT NOW!
Follow me on twitter
Love me on facebook
Get on my mailing list!!!!