Peeling and slicing the apples. Mixing the crumble and using my hands. I feel grounded now.
The process of baking calms me down and then I get to eat something delicious. It truly is the gift that keeps on giving.
This is my favorite apple crisp recipe. It’s based on this one, but it’s completely different. Cause that’s how I ROLL.
- Peeled and sliced 8 to 16 apples (depending on the size of your pan. I like a lot of apples and those suckers cook down.)
- 2 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- ⅓ cup Palm Sugar
- 1 Tbs Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 8 to 12 Tbs Palm Shortening (If you want it more crumbly, 8 Tbs works. If you want it to be smoother, 12 Tbs is better.)
- Coconut milk (optional)
- Peeled and sliced apples go in a pan
- Mix together the blanched almond flour, palm, sugar, cinnamon, sea salt, and palm shortening
- Pour the crumble over the apples
- Bake at 350 for 60 to 75 minutes until the apples are fully cooked and soft.
- Let it cool.
- Serve with a spoonful of coconut milk (optional but It’s a delicious touch).
What’s your gratiTUDE today?
What is a “GratiTUDE”?:
GratiTUDE is the general attitude of thankfulness and gratefulness.
What is “What’s Your GratiTUDE?”:
Every day, for as long as I can keep it going, I’m going to tell you something I’m grateful for. I want to do this because I want to remind myself how fortunate I am in a more concrete way. They will be small things, big things, meaningful things, and seemingly inconsequential things. They may repeat on some days if I happen to feel grateful for the same thing more than once. I’m not planning it or mapping it out. I’m just feeling grateful, publicly. And I’d like you, if you’re feeling it, to do the same.