This is a big week for me.
I made some super awesome pancakes, I’m running a half marathon this coming Sunday (eek!) and I’m giving away a copy of The Gluten-free Edge by Peter Bronski and Melissa Mclean Jory, MNT which is a fantastic book and guide for athletes about the benefits of going gluten-free.
But first things first: PANCAKES.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp celtic sea salt
- coconut oil for frying
- Beat the eggs until frothy
- add in the coconut milk, vanilla, and maple syrup. Mix.
- in another bowl mix the dry ingredients: the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- start the frying pan at medium to medium low.
- add some coconut oil. Add more as needed.
- Scoop a heaping tbsp into the already hot frying pan.
- cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side (until the pancakes become golden brown)
- Cook for a few more minutes.
- Put on a plate
- Smear with coconut oil
- Surround with maple syrup
- EAT YOUR HEART OUT
And now, the GIVEAWAY!
I am so excited that I get to share this book with you guys! If anyone in your family are athletes or athletes in training, you should check this book out. It’s got great recipes (there are a few smoothies I’m itchin’ to try) what to eat before and after training, and how, even if you’re not gluten-intolerant going gluten-free can really give you an “edge”. This is what they say:
those “who volutntarily eat gluten-free can also discover an edge they never knew was missing: faster recovery, reduced inflammation, improved digestion, and increase athletic performance.” And who doesn’t want that? Answer: No one. Everyone wants those things.
So, how do you get this awesome book? You can buy it at Amazon right now for $9.66
Or you can enter this giveaway!
So, how do you enter this fantastic giveaway? How do you get a free copy of this fantastic resource?
You must do two things:
- Leave a comment here and tell me two things: First: What’s your pancake technique? Are you an overchecker like Catie and I? Or are you cool as cucumbers and patient like pudding? Do you have some fantastic tips to share? And second: What athletic event are you training for? Is it a race? A game? The athletic event of a healthy and active life? I want to know!
- Get on my mailing list and tell me that you did!
This giveaway will be up for grabs until September 19th at noon EST. I will post the winner September 20th.
And a big thank you to Shannon over at Nourishing Days for this fantastic recipe!
Follow me on twitter
Love me on facebook
Get on my mailing list!!!!
Filed in: Breakfast