Welcome to day 25 of Home for the Holidays- Gluten-free Style!!! This has been an amazing event and it’s not over yet! Z’s Cup of Tea made some tasty looking Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies yesterday and tomorrow, Shirley from Gluten-free Easily (and the host of this incredible event) will be posting something that I’m sure will rock your socks off. I feel confident about that because the chocolate silk pie with honey whipped cream that I’m making today are both her recipes. And they are both incredible.
This event has been huge: 25 different gluten-free bloggers each posting a recipe that say home and holidays to them. And not only that, but there are prizes to be won!
Today I’m giving away two books:
One copy of Healthier Without Wheat by Dr. Steven Wangen and two copies of Gluten-free Cupcakes by Elana Amsterdam
And there are also three pretty amazing grand prizes are still up for grabs:
- Grand Prize: Vitamix 5200 blender! Plus, a copy of the ebook, Eat Fresh and D-Tox Your Life
- Second Prize: A $150 shopping spree at Free From Gluten
- Third Prize: Caveman Cookies giveaway package ($89 value)
All you have to do to enter to win any of these prizes is leave a comment here (tell me what you think of this episode and tell me what you’re making for the holidays!) or share this episode on twitter/follow me on twitter. If you tweet it and follow me make sure to leave a comment here letting me know! Winners will be selected no later than Saturday the 24th at noon. Don’t forget to give me your name and your email so that Shirley (our incredible host!) can let know if you’ve won!
UPDATE: This giveaway is now closed!
Now. Onto this chocolate silk pie business (which by the way I will be making for my family for the holidays).
Chocolate Silk Pie Ingredients
- 2 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 2/3 cup baking chocolate (I use Scharffen Berger’s 99% baking chocolate)
- 6 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 cup Palm Shortening
- pinch Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 3 large Eggs
- 2/3 cup full fat Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp gluten-free Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix together the crust ingredients in a bowl. When thoroughly mixed, press into a pie pan. Put aside.
- In a double boiler, start to melt the chocolate, honey and palm shortening. Stirring constantly.
- Add in the salt, cocoa powder, eggs, coconut milk, and vanilla extract
- Keep stirring until it’s smooth. It’ll be easiest if you use a whisk.
- Pour into the crust
- Verrrry carefully carry it to the oven
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes (or 44 minutes if you, like me, added a whole extra 3rd of coconut milk to the pie)
- Let it cool for 20 to 30 minutes
Honey Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Coconut Cream (the thick solid creamy stuff in the full fat can of coconut milk. I recommend getting the organic Thai Kitchen brand. It’s FULL of cream)
- 1/4 cup Honey
- Add the chilled coconut cream to a chilled bowl and using chilled beaters, whip the coconut cream until it’s fluffy with soft peaks
- While still whipping slowly add in the honey. Keep whipping until you get soft peaks again.
- Put it back into the fridge until you’re ready to eat it.
This pie is incredible and the honey whipped cream is amazing. I have just started putting it in my tea as a dairy substitute. It’s creamy and sweet and delicious. Thank you Shirley from Gluten-Free Easily for this awesome recipe and for hosting Home for the Holidays…. Gluten-free Style!
Happy Holidays everyone.
Follow me on twitter
Love me on facebook
Get on my mailing list!!!!
About the Author (Author Profile)I embark on on-camera, healthy food adventures while I make other people's recipes (Sometimes vegan. Sometimes raw. Mostly paleo. Always gluten, grain, dairy, refined sugar, soy, and corn free) for the very first time on camera. I also do a daily gratiTUDE series in which I write about something I am grateful for everyday because the secret to happiness is realizing that the good stuff is already all around us. Let's have a good time, shall we?
Sites That Link to this Post
- Hear, Hear, Home for the Holidays ... Gluten-Free Style with Fantastic Recipes and Giveaways | gfe--gluten free easily | December 22, 2011
- Home for the Holidays: Lillian of Lillian’s Test Kitchen with Chocolate Silk Pie and More Giveaways | gfe--gluten free easily | December 23, 2011
- Gluten-Free Recipes for the Holidays | December 24, 2011